Minutes of the Kamerun Forum in Unterliederbach dated 20 Januar 2004
1. The meeting is opened with a prayer and welcome of all
2. All participants introduce themselves briefly.
3. Stefan Hecktor gives a brief review on the history of
partnership between Djottin and Unterliederbach.
4. The events since summer 2003 – the leaving of
Ephriam Bam and Makelia Ngi – are focussed:
- E Mails with greetings from Ephriam Bam and Fr. Daniel Ache are read out
- Juan Andres report about the common internet homepage and technical
facilities in Kumbo, especially in meanings of Internet and the first steps
of the Printing and Communication Centre in Kumbo.
- Martina Ruhs reports, that Djottin parish has now two new parish priests:
Fr. Jude and Fr. Andrew.
- Pastoral assistent Michael Ickstadt tells about communication with
Makelia Ngi about setting up local male and female pastoral
assistants in Kumbo.
- Andreas Mengelkamp gives a brief report about partnership issues in
the Katholische Arbeitnehmer Bewegung (catholic workers association).
- In Kumbo elections for new parish pastoral councils were held as well.
New – and old – chairman of the parish pastoral council in Djottin is
- A report about letters between the mass server groups is given.
- It is reported about the efforts of the scouts, to strengthen their contact
to Djottin scouts. According to reports of Fr. Stefan Diefenbach, who
travelled to Kumbo again in October 2003, scouts in Djottin are structured
in a very different way, especially structure of age is different.
- Trainees in the Eine-Welt-Gruppe (One-World-Group), who currently
prepare for their confirmation, wrote a letter to our partners in Djottin.
5. Current projects:
- The dormitory project (sleeping facilities for youth close to the youth
centre Kumbo) was supported in many ways. The works progress is
good and extension plans were included already.
- As the current hillock vehicle of the youth team in Kumbo shows a lot
of defects, it is planned to buy a new one. Financial support for this
purchase was organised by Fr. Stefan Diefenbach, again with the
three-wise-men campaign of the Päpstliches Missionswerk der Kinder
(the pontifical missionary work of children). The funds raised in the
three-wise-men campaign 2004 in Unterliederbach are in favour of this
project as well.
- Currently biggest project is the Din water project in coordination with
villages around. The project is supported in technical means now by the
church of Kumbo. As the financial needs for this project are huge,
Winfried Montz from Referat Weltkirche (world issues department) in the
diocese of Limburg promised to look for supporting facilities at the
6. Future plans:
- a. Ms. Dr. Barth, doctor at the Höchst hospital, is about to travel to Kumbo
for some weeks soon and asks for organisational support. The problem of
AIDS/ HIV is focussed, which is again and again an issue in letters of our
friends. The access to those information, which is useful for the people in
Kumbo, is difficult, though some of them have access to the internet. One
option could be a sound out of medical skilled people, who are able to find
out useful material and spread it appropriately to target groups
(e.g. by “radio browsing”). A hint to the partnership committee in Kumbo
should be given accordingly.
- Marie Christin Petz from Unterliederbach plans a stay of some months in
Kumbo, working in the medical area.
- Another journey of a Unterliederbach delegation to Kumbo is discussed for
- In spring 2005 the world youth meeting takes place in Germany. A
delegation of Kumbo youth plans to come to Germany then.
- It is discussed, to invite more friends to come to Unterliederbach/ Limburg
in the year 2005. Various opportunities to raise financial funds for this issue
are discussed. Among others Andreas Mengelkamp reports about financial
supports, which could be given by the Katholischer Funds (catholic funds),
- Fr. Robert Tanto, former diocesan youth priest and partnership coordinator,
plans to come to Germany for the spring project 2004. It is still open, if he
can include a stay in Unterliederbach.
7. The meeting is closed with the Lords prayer.
Signed: Ulf Erdmann
1. Christel Limbach, Eine-Welt-Gruppe
2. Martina Ruhs, Eine-Welt-Gruppe
3. Helma Schlesinger, Flörsheim-Wicker
4. Werner Schlesinger, Flörsheim-Wicker
5. Juan Andres, Pfarrgemeinderat
6. Dieter Pörtner, Verwaltungsrat
7. Andreas Mengelkamp, Vorsitzender Katholische Arbeitnehmer Bewegung
8. Maximilian Stephan, Praktikant Eine-Welt-Gruppe
9. Dennis Schermuly, Praktikant Eine-Welt-Gruppe
10. Franziska Wirjatijasa, Praktikantin Eine-Welt-Gruppe
11. Jessica Voß, Praktikantin Eine-Welt-Gruppe
12. Yasmin Radtke, Praktikantin Eine-Welt-Gruppe
13. Michael Ickstadt, Pastoralreferent
14. Margurit Assmann, Vorsitzende Pfarrgemeinderat
15. Regina Mohry, Eine-Welt-Gruppe
16. Bernhard Höfner, Eine-Welt-Gruppe
17. Marion Schermuly, Eine-Welt-Gruppe
18. Monika Syrbe, Eine-Welt-Gruppe
19. Stefan Hecktor, Eine-Welt-Gruppe
20. Josef Beder, Eine-Welt-Gruppe
21. Martin Günther, Eine-Welt-Gruppe
22. Dr. Michael Kimbi, Augenarzt, Kamerun und Familie
23. Matthias Thiel, Pfarrgemeinderat/ Jugend
24. Karin Andres
25. Dr. Angelika Barth, Ärztin Gynäkologie, Städtische Kliniken Höchst
26. Ulf Erdmann